A section of Foods (ISSN 2304-8158).
This section focuses on all areas of food microbiology including foodborne pathogens, lactic acid bacteria, spoilage microbes, and probiotics. Studies related to microbial detection, pathogenesis, antimicrobial resistance, microbial intervention, and biofilms will be considered.
- food microbiology
- pathogenic microbes
- lactic acid bacteria
- spoilage microbes
- antimicrobial resistance
- microbial intervention
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Ecology of Spoilage Associated Microorganisms in Food Products: Origin, Diversity, Behaviour and Spoilage Phenomena (Deadline: 1 February 2019)
- Fresh Produce Safety (Deadline: 30 April 2019)
- Microbiological Safety of Foods (Deadline: 15 July 2019)
- Microbiology Research in Meat and Meat Production (Deadline: 15 April 2019)
- Mycotoxins in Cereal Crops (Deadline: 31 December 2019)
- The Role of Biofilms in the Development and Dissemination of Microbial Resistance within the Food Industry (Deadline: 31 January 2019)