A section of Molecules (ISSN 1420-3049).
The Organic Synthesis Section of the journal Molecules publishes original research and review articles in all areas of organic chemistry involving synthesis focusing on the advancement of the science of synthetic chemistry. In general, this Section invites contributions that report on:
- The synthesis, design of novel (organic) compounds in a broad sense, including small molecules, biologically-relevant molecules, natural products (including isolation or identification studies), sensors, and supramolecular units.
- The methods development—new reactions or improvement of known reactions.
- Catalysis, including development of (organometallic) catalysts.
- Applications of photochemical reactions in synthesis.
- Theoretical, computational, mechanistic studies targeting improvement of synthetic methodology, new models of reactivity, selectivity.
Total or multistep syntheses should report new or improved strategies or methods, or a more efficient route to the target compound. Manuscripts that report routine syntheses will normally not be considered for publication in this Section. Syntheses accompanied by limited biological testing can be included, but it is recommended that the authors consider Medicinal Chemistry Section, especially if the strength of the work lies in the latter.
Molecules is seeking to publish results with detailed and reliable experimental procedures as well as properties of all important new products. It is expected that all new compounds will be well characterized, including but not limited to 1H- and 13C-NMR, EA or HRMS. Submission of spectral data in the form of supporting materials is encouraged. Please consult Instruction for Authors for details.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Advances in Materials Derived from Polyhedral Boron Clusters (Deadline: 31 July 2018)
- Advances in Spiro Compounds (Deadline: 30 April 2018)
- Alkynes: from Reaction Design to Applications in Organic Synthesis (Deadline: 30 October 2018)
- Direct (Hetero)Arylation: A New Tool for Organic Electronics (Deadline: 31 March 2018)
- ECSOC-21 (Deadline: 20 July 2018)
- Enantioselective Catalysis (Deadline: 31 August 2018)
- Frontiers in Metal-Catalysed Cross-Coupling Reactions for the Synthesis and Functionalisation of Heterocycles (Deadline: 31 May 2018)
- Indium in Organic Synthesis (Deadline: 30 May 2018)
- Modern Synthesis of Nitriles: Industrial Processes & Emerging Approaches (Deadline: 31 August 2018)
- Nanometer-Size Glyconanoparticles: Synthesis and Biomedical Applications (Deadline: 31 March 2018)
- Organophosphorus Chemistry 2018 (Deadline: 30 September 2018)
- Small Molecule Near Infrared Contrast Agents: Synthesis and Applications (Deadline: 30 September 2018)
- Solid Phase Synthesis (Deadline: 15 May 2018)
- Spatial Organization of Multi-Porphyrins for Pre-Defined Properties (Deadline: 30 September 2018)
- Stereogenic Centers (Deadline: 30 July 2018)
- Synthesis and Applications of Molecularly Imprinted Polymers (Deadline: 30 April 2018)
- Synthesis and Applications of Stimuli-Responsive Nanomaterials (Deadline: 10 May 2018)
Following topical collections within this section are currently open for submissions: