St. Alban-Anlage 66,
4052 Basel, Switzerland
Tel. +41 61 683 77 34
Fax: +41 61 302 89 18
For more contact information, see here.
MDPI English Editing Service
Our English editing service will ensure your paper receives editing which is fast, accurate, and competitively priced. Native speakers edit every manuscript and can help to improve your expression at any stage prior to publication. We offer the following services:
- Layout editing: Preparing your submission to an MDPI journal, completed in 1 day.
- Rapid grammar check: Feedback on the grammar and phrasing used in your paper within 2 business days.
We are expanding, and further services will be launched later in 2018.
Get a quote and submit
Contact us by email.
Which editing option should I choose?
To save time in preparing your submission to MDPI journals, you can choose the layout editing option, which can be carried out independently or with one additional editing.
The grammar editing option covers basic use of grammar and correction of awkward phrasing. We work on the principle of keeping your voice as an author where possible, and this option does not include extensive rewriting. Note that the correct use of very field-specific terms can also not be guaranteed as our editors are not necessarily specialized in your area of research
What is included in the layout editing service?
We will reformat your manuscript for submission to any MDPI journal, including checking that the text uses the MDPI house style. We also reformat references and look for missing information in the references and main text. This service does not include any checking of the language, but can be selected with or without language checking.
What is included in the grammar check?
This level of editing is acceptable for submission to and publication in most journals. We will edit your writing to be grammatically correct, and remove awkward and ambiguous sentences. We respect your writing and aim to keep your choice of words and sense of meaning where possible, so you will still feel that the edited work is your own. We do not undertake complete rewriting of sections or reorganization of documents, and the correct use of discipline-specific terms is not guaranteed.
What kind of papers can you edit?
Microsoft Word and LaTeX papers are accepted for editing. For LaTeX files, upload a zip containing all of the files necessary to compile to a PDF, including any figures, .bib and .sty files.
How do I upload my manuscript?
1. Complete any revisions and accept any tracked changes. The uploaded file should be the final one that will be edited.
2. Remove text that should not be edited (e.g. author names and affiliations and the bibliography) and do a word count.
3. Go to the "Get a quote and submit" section on this page, add in the word count and get a quotation. A "Submit" button will appears, you can click on it to enter your details and upload your file. Note that the uploaded file should be the final version for editing: we may start editing straight away.
How much does it cost?
You can get a quotation using the box at the top of this page. The cost of language editing depends on the number of words in your manuscript. Formatting your manuscript is offered a fixed price, independent of the length of your paper.
Which payment methods are available?
An invoice will be sent to you shortly after you submit your paper. Payment can be made in Swiss Francs (CHF) or Chinese Yuan (CNY) by either bank transfer or credit card.
Note that we must receive payment before we send you the edited paper. If there will be a long delay in payment (e.g., due to institutional bureaucracy) get in touch with evidence that the payment is being processed.
Can I track my paper after submitting it for editing?
You can login the submission system to check the progress of your edit.
What is the maximum length that you can edit?
For papers longer than 10,000 words please contact us before submitting your paper.
Will you edit my thesis or monograph?
We currently to not offer a service to edit theses or monographs.
Under what circumstances will you not edit my paper?
There are several reasons we may not be able to edit your paper:
- The file is corrupted or the text is not easily editable (e.g. most of the text is contained in text boxes or pictures or the file contains a virus).
- Your manuscript is not written in English, or has been translated using automatic software such as Google Translate.
- Payment is not received in a reasonable amount of time. If you know in advance that it may take some time, for example due to bureaucracy at your institution, please contact us to let us know. It may be possible to return your paper if you provide evidence that payment has been made.