Travel Award 2018
We are inviting applications for a Travel Award for postdoctoral and Ph.D. researchers to attend an international conference of their choice in 2018. The award will consist of a single prize of 800 CHF (Swiss Francs).
The awardee will be determined by an evaluation committee, chaired by the Editor-in-Chief Prof. Dr. David Arditi, and also including Prof. Dr. George Baird, Prof. Dr. Cinzia Buratti, Prof. Dr. Umberto Berardi and Prof. Dr. Francisco López Almansa.
Candidates should fulfil the following:
- Postdoctoral fellows (within three years of receiving their Ph.D.) or Ph.D. students undertaking buildings-related research.
- They must present their own, original work as a poster or oral presentation at the conference for which the travel award application is being made.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents (The entire application package should be submitted as a PDF file):
- Outline of current and future work (1 page).
- CV, including a complete list of publications.
- The conference to be attended, a copy of the abstract and acceptance letter or anticipated date of decision.
- Current grant funding and travel budget, if any, and why the applicant wishes to have the support of Buildings.
- A letter of recommendation from their supervisor, research director or department head (1 page).
There is no need to fill out an official form nor to have a prior submission or publication in Buildings. Any questions about the Travel Award can be directed to email@example.com.
Please apply by clicking the button above before 30 November 2017. The decision will be announced in February 2018.
Travel Award 2017
As Editor-in-Chief of Buildings, I am pleased to announce that the winner of the 2017 Buildings Travel Award is:
Eleonora Brembilla, a Ph.D. Student at Loughborough University, UK, whose research focuses on the “Applicability of CBDM (Climate-Based Daylight Modelling)”, which has produced valuable guidance on effective/resilient CBDM workflows.
On behalf of the Buildings team, I would like to congratulate Ms. Eleonora Brembilla for all her achievements!
Prof. Dr. Chimay J. Anumba
University of Florida, USA