Travel Awards 2018
We are inviting applications for two Travel Awards for postdoctoral fellows and Ph.D students to attend a conference of their choice in 2018. The nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee presided by the Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Dr. Enrico Sciubba
1. Postdoctoral Fellows (within three years of receiving Ph.D) or Ph.D students undertaking energies’ materials and technology research.
2. Will present their own, original work as a poster or a presentation at the conference in 2018 for which the travel award application is being made.
Required Application Documents :
- Outline of current and future work (500 words).
- Curriculum vitae, including a complete list of publications.
- The conference to be attended, a copy of the abstract and acceptance letter or anticipated date of decision.
- Current grant funding and travel budget, if any, and why the applicant wishes the support of Energies.
- A letter of recommendation from the supervisor, research director or department head.
The awards will consist of 800 CHF each and a certificate.
Please apply by clicking the button above before 15 October 2017. The winners will then be announced by 30 November 2017
Young Investigator Award 2017
Dear readers of Energies,
We are pleased to announce that the winner of 2017 Energies Young Investigator Award is Dr. Praveen Linga. Dr. Praveen Linga is an Associate Professor in the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at the National University of Singapore. Dr. Linga’s works on both fundamental and applied aspects of research on clathrate hydrates. In a short span of 6+ years of independent research, he has built and developed state-of-the-art research facilities for macro, micro and molecular level investigations pertaining to his research programme on gas (clathrate) hydrates. Please join us in congratulating Dr. Praveen Linga for a well-deserved prize.
As the awardee, Dr. Linga will receive an honorarium of 2000 CHF, an offer to publish a paper free of charge without a fixed deadline in Energies, and an engraved plaque. We would like to thank all the Award Committee members for their assiduous evaluation of the candidates and all the applicants for submitting their fascinating and diverse range of research topics.
Professor Enrico Sciubba
This year, 2018, we will celebrate the 10th anniversary of Energies. To acknowledge authors’ continued support, we are pleased to announce the commencement of a Best Paper Award for research and review articles published between 1 January and 31 December 2017. After a thorough evaluation by the journal award committee, three review papers and five research papers will receive an award.
The articles will be selected by the journal award committee according to the following criteria:
1. Originality and significance;
2. Citation and download rates in 2018;
3. Data Source: Web of Science (Clarivate Analytics).
Winners (corresponding author) will receive a certificate and an offer to publish a paper free of charge in Energies, after the normal peer-review procedure. Each winner will additionally receive a bonus based on the award class:
1. First Award (one for a review paper and one for a research paper): 800 CHF each；
2. Second Award (one for a review paper and two for research papers): 500 CHF each；
3. Third Award (one for a review paper and two for research papers): 300 CHF each.
The winners will be announced early in March, 2019.