Special Issue "Biocides"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 November 2011)
Biocides and disinfectants are widely employed throughout the world and used in a variety of applications including hand sanitization, surface disinfection in food preparation, surface sterilization in hospitals, and the disinfection of a variety of solutions that are used in industry (e.g., metal-recovery fluids). As has been the case with antibiotics, biocide resistance is increasing, and threatens to reduce the applicability of biocides to control contamination. The proposed, open-source, special issue will bring together all current knowledge of biocides and will provide unprecedented access.
It is anticipated that the following topics will be included in the special issue:
- Mechanisms of biocide action
- Mechanisms of biocide resistance
- Measurement of biocide susceptibility
- Identification of biocide targets
- Selection for biocide resistance
- Interaction between biocides
- Effect of growth conditions on biocide susceptibility
Prof. Dr. Joseph Oliver Falkinham
- antimicrobial agents