Special Issue "Selected Papers from IVAPP 2018"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 1 May 2018
Prof. Alexandru Telea
Department of Mathematics and Computing Science, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Website | E-Mail
Interests: scientific visualization; information visualization; multiscale visualization; interactive systems design; multivariate visualization; computer imaging; object-oriented and component-oriented software design; static source code analysis
This Special Issue intends to contain a selection of carefully revised and extended best papers to be presented at the 9th International Conference on Information Visualization Theory and Applications (IVAPP 2018), to be held at Funchal, Madeira, Portugal, 27–29 January, 2018. IVAPP aims at becoming a major point of contact for researchers, engineers and practitioners in Information Visualization. The conference covers a broad range of topics related to Information Visualization indicated by the topic list below. Papers describing advanced prototypes, systems, tools and techniques, as well as general survey papers indicating future directions are also encouraged. The paper acceptance for IVAPP 2018 will be based on quality, relevance to the conference theme and originality.
The authors of a number of selected full papers of high quality will be invited after the conference to submit revised and extended versions of their originally accepted conference papers to this Special Issue of Information published by MDPI in open access. The selection of these best papers will be based on their ratings in the conference review process, quality of the presentation during the conference, and expected impact to the research community. Each submission to this journal issue should contain at least 50% of new material, e.g., in the form of technical extensions, more in-depth evaluations, or additional use cases. These extended submissions will undergo a peer-review process according to the journal’s rules of action as described in the Manuscript Submission Information given below. At least two members of the IVAPP 2018 program committee will act as reviewers for each extended article submitted to this Special Issue; if needed additional external reviewers will be invited to guarantee the high quality of the reviewing process.
The preliminary deadline for submission to this Special Issue is 1 May, 2018.
The scope and topics of interest of the Special Issue papers follow those of IVAPP 2018 and are listed below.
TOPIC 1: ABSTRACT DATA VISUALIZATION
● Visual Data Analysis and Knowledge Discovery
● Visual Representation and Interaction
● Data Management and Knowledge Representation
● Mathematical Foundations of Interactive Visual Analysis
● Display and Interaction Technology
● Databases and visualization, Visual Data Mining
● Graph Visualization
● Interface and Interaction Techniques for Visualization
● Internet, Web and Security Visualization
● Software Visualization
● Information Visualization
● Visual Analytical Reasoning
● Hardware-Assisted Visualization
● High-dimensional Data and Dimensionality Reduction
● Text and Document Visualization
TOPIC 2: GENERAL DATA VISUALIZATION
● Interactive Visual Interfaces for Visualization
● Interpretation and Evaluation Methods
● Knowledge-assisted Visualization
● Large Data Visualization
● Perception and Cognition in Visualization
● Visualization Applications
● Visualization Taxonomies and Models
● Visualization Algorithms and Technologies
● Visualization Tools and Systems for Simulation and Modeling
● Time-dependent Visualization
● Usability Studies and Visualization
● Glyph-based Visualization
● Collaborative Visualization
● Coordinated and Multiple Views
TOPIC 3: SPATIAL DATA VISUALIZATION
● Biomedical Visualization and Applications
● Flow Visualization
● GPU-based Visualization
● Image/Video Summarization and Visualization
● Multi-field Visualization
● Parallel Visualization
● Uncertainty Visualization
● Vector/Tensor Field Visualization
● Virtual Environments and Data Visualization
● Volume Visualization
● Scientific Visualization
Prof. Alexandru Telea
Prof. Andreas Kerren
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Information is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 350 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.