Young Investigator Award 2018 (3,800 CHF)
Applications are invited for the Nutrients Young Investigator of the Year Award 2018. Up to two awards are made annually to a young researcher who has made an outstanding contribution to our understanding of the impact of nutrition on human health.
The nominations and applications will be assessed by an Awards Committee chaired by the Editor-in-Chief of Nutrients Prof. Dr. Jon Buckley.
1. Applicants must be no more than 35 years age as at 31 August 2018.
2. Applications (no more than four pages in length) will be assessed on the basis of:
- publication history, including number and quality of publications and citations for articles relevant to human nutrition
- evidence of translation of research findings into changes in policy or practice at the local, national and international level that impact on human nutrition
- other contributions to the field of human nutrition research
Applications addressing the assessment criteria listed above must be submitted as a cover letter using the application template (img.mdpi.org/data/nutrients-young-investigator-award-application-template-2018-award-final-1.docx) and should be not more than four A4 pages, single-sided, double-spaced, Times New Roman 12 point font with at least 2.5 cm margins
1. A current Curriculum Vitae, including a list of publications
2. A nomination letter from a senior nutrition researcher. This letter should be no longer than one single-sided A4 page outlining why they think the applicant is deserving of the award.
3. A Supporting Letter from the applicants Head of Department/Head of Organisation. This letter only needs to state that they are aware the applicant has been nominated for the award and that they support the nomination. The letter must be on official Departmental or Organisational letterhead.
The value of each Award is 3800 Swiss Francs. The award comprises 2000 Swiss Francs in cash and the waiver of the 1800 Swiss Francs article processing fee for a manuscript accepted for publication in Nutrients within the 12 month period following announcement of the award. Acceptance of the manuscript is subject to Nutrients usual peer-review process.
Applications must be received by 31 August 2018. Winners will be notified by email and will be announced on the Nutrients website by 30 November 2018.