About Remote Sensing
Remote Sensing (ISSN 2072-4292) publishes regular research papers, reviews, letters and communications covering all aspects of remote sensing science, from sensor design, validation / calibration, to its application in geosciences, environmental sciences, ecology and civil engineering. Our aim is to publish novel / improved methods / approaches and / or algorithms of remote sensing to benefit the community, open to everyone in need of them. There is no restriction on the length of the papers or colors used. The method / approach must be presented in detail so that the results can be reproduced. There are, in addition, three unique features of this Journal:
- Manuscripts regarding research proposals and research ideas are welcome
- Electronic files and software regarding the full details of the calculation and experimental procedure, if unable to be published in a normal way, can be deposited as supplementary material
- We also accept manuscripts communicating to a broader audience with regard to research projects financed with public funds
- Multi-spectral and hyperspectral remote sensing
- Active and passive microwave remote sensing
- Lidar and laser scanning
- Geometric reconstruction
- Physical modeling and signatures
- Change detection
- Image processing and pattern recognition
- Data fusion and data assimilation
- Dedicated satellite missions
- Operational processing facilities
- Spaceborne, airborne and terrestrial platforms
- Remote sensing applications
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Remote Sensing is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Remote Sensing will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
MDPI Tongzhou Office, Room 2207, Jincheng Center, No. 21 Cuijingbeili, Tongzhou District, Beijing 101101, China
Tel. +86 10 59011089
MDPI Wuhan Office, No.6 Jingan Road, 5.5 Creative Industry Park, Floor 25th. 430064 Wuhan, Hubei Province, China
Fax: +86 27 8761 2588
MDPI Tongzhou Office, Room 2207, Jincheng Center, No. 21 Cuijingbeili, Tongzhou District, Beijing
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .
For further MDPI contacts, see here.