Travel Awards 2018 (800 CHF)
We are inviting applications for two Travel Awards (800 Swiss Francs each), one for postdocs and one for Ph.D. students to attend a conference in 2018. The nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee presided by the Genes Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Dr. J. Peter W. Young.
1. Postdoctoral fellows (within 5 years of receiving Ph.D.) or Ph.D. students involved in Genetics Research.
2. Will attend an international conference in 2018 (oral presentation or poster), not necessarily an MDPI conference.
3. Applicants must submit the following documents by email with the subject line “2018 postdoc award application” or “2018 Ph.D. award application” accordingly:
- The applicant’s oral or poster abstract for the conference (list the conference name and its website).
- CV, including list of publications.
- A cover letter (max 300 words) describing the focus of the applicant’s research, and how he/she would benefit from attending the conference.
- A letter of recommendation (max 300 words) from a supervisor or PI (Principal Investigator). The supervisor or PI should sign and confirm that the applicant fulfills all of the requirements.
4. Awardees are asked to acknowledge the support provided by the journal Genes in their presentations.
Please apply by clicking the button above before 1 March 2018. The winners will be announced by 15 March 2018.
Young Investigator Award 2018 (2,000 CHF)
We are pleased to announce that the “2018 Genes Young Investigator Award” is now open. All nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee presided by the Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Dr. J. Peter W. Young.
Eligibility and Requirements:
1. Received a Ph.D. degree within the past 10 years.
2. Ground-breaking research conducted and a significant contribution made to the advancement of genetic research.
1. 2000 Swiss Francs.
2. An offer to publish a paper free of charge without a fixed deadline in Genes after peer review.
List of Documents for Application:
1. Detailed Curriculum Vitae including an updated publication list and a list of the researcher’s own research grants.
2. Scanned copy of the applicant’s PhD certificate.
3. Signed nomination letters from two established senior scientists
Please apply by clicking the button above before 1 March 2018. The winner will be announced by 15 March 2018.
Best Guest Editor Award 2017
Have you ever considered guest editing one of our Genes Special Issues? We plan to give one of our guest editors a monetary award towards the cost of presenting their work at an international scholarly conference of their choice.
Our 2017 Guest Editor Award is in recognition of the scientific contribution of guest editors actively collaborating with us to bring the latest advances in the most trending research topics to Genes.
The award consists of 1200 CHF. All Special Issues completed in 2017 will be eligible for the 2017 Guest Editor Award in Genes. The editorial team will select it based on the number of submissions received in the various Special Issues and the quality of submissions.
The requirements of eligible Special Issues are:
1. Completed in 2017.
2. Minimum of 10 manuscripts published.
Travel Awards 2017
The Evaluation Committee were very impressed with the high level of work presented and, after careful consideration, Travel Awards have been granted to Anna Esteve-Arenys, a Ph.D. student at the University of Barcelona, Spain, for her work on the development of novel combination therapies for double-hit lymphoma; and to Dr. Marika Annika Kaakinen, a post-doctoral research associate at the Imperial College London, UK, working on the development of a novel method for the multi-phenotype analysis of rare genetic variants (MARV).
The awards consist of 800 Swiss Francs each, and are available for the winners to use for attendance and participation in any academic conference in 2017.
It is also my pleasure to announce that as part of the reward, Genes will offer the winners the opportunity to publish a paper with the publication fees waived.
I would like to thank all applicants for their participation and interest in our journal.