Young Investigator Award 2019 (2,000 CHF)
We are pleased to announce the “2019 Catalysts Young Investigator Award”. All nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee led by the Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Keith Hohn.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Received a Ph.D. degree within the last 10 years.
- Have conducted ground-breaking research and made a to the advancement of the field of catalysis.
List of Documents for Application:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae including an updated publication list and a list of the researcher’s research grants.
- Detailed 2018 publication list including authors, titles and journals.
- List of conferences the candidate attended in 2018 and the research results presented.
- Scanned copy of doctorate certificate.
- Signed nomination letters from two established senior scientists.
The award will consist of the following:
- 2000 Swiss Francs
- An offer to publish a paper free of charge without a fixed deadline in Catalysts after peer review.
- A certificate.
Please apply by clicking the button above before 30 November 2018. The winners will be announced on the Catalysts website by the end of February 2019.
Travel Award 2019 (1,000 CHF)
The editing team of Catalysts is inviting applications for a postdoctoral fellow or non-fellow postdoctoral trainee to attend an international conference in 2019. The nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee led by the Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Keith Hohn.
a. Postdoctoral fellows or non-fellow postdoctoral trainees involved in catalysis research.
b. Will attend an international conference in 2019 (oral or poster presentations will both be considered).
c. Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- –– Outline of current and future work (500 words).
- –– CV, including a complete list of publications.
- –– The conference planned to attend, the work that will be presented, and why the Catalysts Travel Award is needed to attend the conference. The paper does not need to have already been accepted to be considered for this award.
- –– A letter of recommendation from a supervisor or PI.
This award will consist of 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs).
PPlease apply by clicking the button above before 31 October 2018. The winners will be announced on the Catalysts website by the end of January 2019.
Travel Award 2018
I am pleased to announce the winner of the Catalysts 2018 Travel Award, given to one outstanding PhD student. Shangqian Zhu, a PhD student in Minhua Shao’s research group at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, has been selected as the winner from a pool of 95 applicants.
Shangqian’s research focuses on the development of advanced catalysts and a fundamental understanding of CO2 electrochemical reduction and fuel cell reactions. Shangqian will be attending the Americas International Meeting on Electrochemistry and Solid State Science (AiMES)/The Electrochemical Society (ECS) 234th meeting in Cancun, Mexico.
Congratulations to Shangqian and thanks to all who applied.
Keith L. Hohn
Travel Award 2017
I am pleased to announce the winner of the inaugural Catalysts Travel Award, given to one outstanding post-doctoral researcher. The Travel Award for 2017 was granted to Michiel Dusselier, a postdoctoral researcher in Dr. Bert Sel’s laboratory at KU-Leuven. Dr. Dusselier was selected from an applicant pool of 181 post-doctoral scholars.
Dr. Dusselier’s research focuses on new catalytic processes, functional bioplastics, and zeolite synthesis. He plans to attend the 7th FEZA conference in Sophia, Bulgaria to talk about his work on synthesis of novel zeolites.
Congratulations to Dr. Dusselier and thanks to all who applied.
Keith L. Hohn